[Arm-netbook] capacitive touchpanels

Attila Asztalos attila.asztalos at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 12:34:25 GMT 2012

On 24-Nov-2012 17:18, luke.leighton wrote:
> however, given that the price of the controller ICs is absolutely mad
> - i'm seeing prices of $4 (!!) - it's just... i can't bring myself to
> justify it sooooo, the idea is to use a 100-pin STM32F.  15 "scan"
> lines (across the horizontal), and 10 "sensor" lines (going down), i
> feel reasonably confident that this is doable, although, obviously,
> i'm going to have to check!
>
> what fun, eh?  no proprietary ICs - just use a single controller, do
> it all as free software :)
>
> l.

I thought you might want to know about these [1]. They're still not
really cheap, not really a classic touch controller and not really
readily available yet, but they do look intriguing I think.
- Attila

[1] :
http://www.microchip.com/pagehandler/en-us/press-release/microchips-new-gestic-technolo.html