[Arm-netbook] capacitive touchpanels

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 21:11:42 GMT 2012

ok, right.  i reworked the schematics to use a 100-pin STM32F:
http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/kde_tablet/EOMA-68_Tablet___P06__STM32F103.pdf

that means that the following interfaces and I/O will be on the STM32F:

* full-speed SD/IO Card (4 wires, there are more)
* Capacitive Touchpanel (15 scan, 10 sense)
* microphone
* stereo speakers and headphone (on cut-out)
* SDIO for a 3G PWM voice output
* additional SDIO (if one's needed)
* LCD Backlight control (PWM)
* 8-pin Digital Camera (CSI)

that's... a pretty impressive set of I/O capabilities, given that one
$2.50 Cortex M3 CPU is replacing almost *SEVEN* dollars worth of ICs,
almost all of them with some sort of 8052 or DSP-based
microcontroller.

the capacitive panel is the one i'm concerned about, as it's the one
unknown.  i'm tempted to say "yep, here's the data, shove it out over
USB, _you_ deal with it Mr Bigger Processor" :)  quite a lot going on
as it is.

irony: just like with the 64-pin processor, i think there's like.... 3
pins left out of 100!