[Arm-netbook] Exynos 5250 vs Freescale i.MX 6: how do they compare?

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 08:59:39 GMT 2012

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 7:18 AM, Ottavio Caruso <
ottavio2006-usenet2012 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks Luke and Peter. And:
>
> On 4 November 2012 22:03, peter green <plugwash at p10link.net> wrote:
> > RAM:
> > exynos products are shipping with 2GB. The i.MX 6 theoretically supports
> > that but all boards i've seen for sale* so-far have only had 1GB.
> >

> > * Boundry theoretically offer a 2GB option but they haven't yet
> > responded to my queries for details on it.
>
> Have you contacted Genesi? They were planning a quad-core IXM6-based
> Efika board.

 the conversation with their director went very very well, when i spoke to
him over a year ago.  he's a really nice, conscientious guy.  i believe i
got in touch with him through konstantinous, who is also an extremely
friendly and competent person, whom i enjoyed speaking with when he was
working on porting debian to armhf.

 so i spoke with mark, their technical lead.  for some reason which has
absolutely no rational explanation, their technical guy went on an all-out
attack against EOMA-68, and against me, personally.

 the end result was that neither the director of genesi nor konstantinous
nor any individual at genesi is now speaking to me, and i had to order them
to return and destroy all confidential documents that they had been given.

 if you can see the merits of working with genesi that would be beneficial
to them if they converted their products to EOMA-68, i would be grateful if
*you* could raise it with them.  it will take a 3rd party to explain it to
them, at this point.