[Arm-netbook] Exynos 5250 vs Freescale i.MX 6: how do they compare?

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 14:17:47 GMT 2012

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Ottavio Caruso
<ottavio2006-usenet2012 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is it fair to compare the Exynos 5250 with the Freescale i.MX 6 in
> terms of performance and features? Are we talking apples and oranges?

 pretty much, yes.  the exynos5 is a dual-core ARM Cortex A15 with a
top speed around 2ghz (5 watts though!) whilst the iMX6 is an ARM
Cortex A9 base.  i believe i'm right in saying that you'll get double
the performance out of the Exynos5 even at the same clock rate.  the
difference is primarily because the A15 has longer pipelines in its
harvard architectural design.