[Arm-netbook] ARM SoC with OpenCL GPU : Exynos 4412 (was Re: SoC proposal)

Deano Calver deano at rattie.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 1 12:21:44 GMT 2012

>> The LLVM project has an OpenCL frontend, so if the limadriver project
>> provides the ISA for the MALI ALUs, it should be fairly easily to
>> provide a full open source OpenCL stack via LLVM.

> deano hi,

> thanks for this.  you reminded me: i've been in touch with libv (#lima
irc.freenode.net) and if you're referring to the Gallium3D project, its
interfaces simply don't >mesh well with the design of the MALI 400MP.  if
however it's something else entirely, then that's very useful for them to
know.  would you like to raise it on >#lima?
I expect they lima team know of it, however given they are currently focused
on the split shader architectures (non-unified shaders), OpenCL probably
doesn't fit too well. Once the new Mali's come common place, OpenCL support
should go higher up the priority list, as whilst it could be done now, I'd
expect the performance wouldn't be worth the effort.

Deano