[Arm-netbook] ARM SoC with OpenCL GPU : Exynos 4412 (was Re: SoC proposal)

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 12:04:37 GMT 2012

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Deano Calver <deano at rattie.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>> fortunately, the limadriver project is reverse-engineering MALI 400MP so
> yes, on that basis, we _can_ pursure Exynos 4412.
>
> The LLVM project has an OpenCL frontend, so if the limadriver project
> provides the ISA for the MALI ALUs, it should be fairly easily to provide a
> full open source OpenCL stack via LLVM.

 deano hi,

 thanks for this.  you reminded me: i've been in touch with libv
(#lima irc.freenode.net) and if you're referring to the Gallium3D
project, its interfaces simply don't mesh well with the design of the
MALI 400MP.  if however it's something else entirely, then that's very
useful for them to know.  would you like to raise it on #lima?