[Arm-netbook] ARM SoC with OpenCL GPU : Exynos 4412 (was Re: SoC proposal)

Guillaume Fortaine guillaume.fortaine at devopspace.com
Thu Mar 1 10:10:22 GMT 2012

Hello,

> i've not mentioned this before, publicly, but some time last year when
> this initiative was still being considered we were finding it so
> ridiculously difficult to find cooperative CPU companies that we gave
> serious consideration to putting a deal together to create a new
> (entirely software-based) SoC that would be entirely FSF-Endorseable
> as it would be entirely software-programmable.

After having read many proposals on this mailing-list, I would greatly
appreciate to make my recommendation, if possible, please. On my side,
I would strongly advise to have a look at the Samsung Exynos 4412.

Because, Samsung is not only a member of Linaro :

http://www.linaro.org

But also, their Exynos 4412 will be the first ARM SoC with OpenCL
support thanks to its Mali-T604 GPU :

http://www.arm.com/products/multimedia/mali-graphics-hardware/mali-t604.php

It will be available in Q3 2012 and Insignal will provide the
corresponding development kit :

http://www.linaro.org/assets/PDF/LinaroOrigenLowCostBoard.pdf

Mister Dosung Lee will be able to provide you more informations about
this chip :

D.S. Lee (이도성)
Director
Marketing 1 Group
System LSI Division, Semiconductor Business
Samsung Electronics CO.,LTD

Tel.    +82-31-209-1618
Fax.    +82-31-209-1919
Mobile. +82-10-9899-0932