[Arm-netbook] Scripts to build hardware packs and generate a bootable SD card

cnxsoft cnxsoft at cnx-software.com
Sun Jun 17 17:02:22 BST 2012

On 17/06/2012 22:46, Nicolas Aguirre wrote:
> 2012/6/17 cnxsoft<cnxsoft at cnx-software.com>:

>>> Yes, i see the case of standard rootfs, but this kind of rootfs is
>>> selected if etc/init is found. This directory doesn't exists in my
>>> angstrom rootfs, maybe because it uses systemd.
>>> We could maybe detect standard rootfs by the presence of etc directory ?
>>>

>> I missed that "little" detail.. I've updated the script to just detect
>> etc directory.

> Thanks !
> FYI, angstrom is booting, ssh server is started, but Xorg is not
> launched correctly, as modules hdmi, lcd and disp are not loaded at
> startup.
> Once these modules are load, X is correctly launched, and i was able
> to start e17.
I use the file /etc/modules to load the modules at boot time. This
should work for Ubuntu and Debian, but other distribution may use
another method.
I store configuration files specific to a particular distribution in
https://github.com/cnxsoft/a10-config/tree/master/rootfs. Now I only
have debian-ubuntu
<https://github.com/cnxsoft/a10-config/tree/master/rootfs/debian-ubuntu>. So
if you are interested you could add the files for Angstrom.
In that case a1x-media-create also needs to be updated to detect the
exact distribution, as you did in your previous patch.