[Arm-netbook] FEL protocol have been reversed

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 13:01:33 BST 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Tom Cubie <mr.hipboi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 6:52 PM, lkcl luke <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> the rules for FSF Hardware-Endorsement are that *all* hardware *must*
>> have source code available, period.  that will include the A10's
>> cedarx video CODEC.
>>
> All hardware? That will be interesting. There are some peripherals in A10
> are never used, nor there are linux drivers for it,even very few people know
> A10 has that function, like can bus controller, memery stick conroller...

 really? bizarre - and amazing!  with a CAN bus controller the CPU has
a chance to be sold competing against freescale processors for
"industrial" purposes!  but, it would have to be operational over a
wider temperature range and also be guaranteed production for a long
time-period (5-10 years).

 huh.  yeah.  i'll have to ask dr stallman about that.  how about
that.  hardware where not even the SoC vendor has drivers for it :)
my guess is he'll say that it has to be at least documented (by the
SoC vendor or reverse-engineered - but of course if there's nothing to
reverse-engineer...!)