[Arm-netbook] arm-netbook Digest, Vol 25, Issue 103

green greenfreedom10 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 22:39:47 BST 2012

lkcl luke wrote at 2012-07-31 16:20 -0500:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 9:27 PM, green <greenfreedom10 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is is asking too much to have a EOMA-68 card fit in a pocket-size "tablet"
> > (like the Nokia N900) and use that with the Motorola LapDock or similar?
>
>  yeah i'd thought about that.  it's not exactly superfluous, would
> make a great stand-alone device.  my only concern is the popularity of
> such small form-factor devices.  they're not exactly the most
> wonderful things in the world, unless they actually provide some
> useful function.  archos video players for example are surprisingly
> popular.  mobile phones, obviously.  tablets that small can act as
> VoIP phones as long as they have WIFI.  etc. etc.
>
>  so the key question is: what market segment(s) would the pocket-sized
> "tablet" cover?

I just like always having a Debian system in my pocket, with my mail, files,
scripts, utilities, etc.  The Nokia N900 basically provides this, except for
decent mainline Linux support.  The addition of LapDock is an extra benefit,
full mainline Linux support would make it stand out from the crowd.  I do not
know what "market segment(s)" this could apply to (GPS navigation, general
Android?).  Is there a "market segment" for "this runs mainline Linux and
actually has decent specifications in a useful form factor"?