[Arm-netbook] arm-netbook Digest, Vol 25, Issue 103

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 22:20:50 BST 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 9:27 PM, green <greenfreedom10 at gmail.com> wrote:
> lkcl luke wrote at 2012-07-31 07:59 -0500:
>>  me too.  uh, bizarrely though: the motorola atrix lapdock might
>> actually be the answer.  would you be happy with something like that -
>> it can be bought off-the-shelf already - or would you prefer a
>> dedicated unit which can take EOMA-68 cards actually in the side of
>> the laptop itself?
>
> Is is asking too much to have a EOMA-68 card fit in a pocket-size "tablet"
> (like the Nokia N900) and use that with the Motorola LapDock or similar?

 yeah i'd thought about that.  it's not exactly superfluous, would
make a great stand-alone device.  my only concern is the popularity of
such small form-factor devices.  they're not exactly the most
wonderful things in the world, unless they actually provide some
useful function.  archos video players for example are surprisingly
popular.  mobile phones, obviously.  tablets that small can act as
VoIP phones as long as they have WIFI.  etc. etc.

 so the key question is: what market segment(s) would the pocket-sized
"tablet" cover?