[Arm-netbook] Ingenic’s JZ4770 MIPS processor

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 15:05:03 BST 2012

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 2:20 PM,  <freebirds at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> The first MIPS TV dongle will be shipping this week. iPPea TV has an
> Ingenic's JZ4770 1.2 Ghz processor, 512 MB RAM, 2 GB storage and wifi.

 freebirds, thank you for this as valuable and insightful research
into an endemic corporate privacy violations and copyright violations.
i saw an article on slashdot i think it was only a couple of days ago
which pointed out that a very large percentage of apps - can't
remember if it was apple or android - track IP address and more
without permission.  i believe we're clear on what's going on.

 we're working towards openness: it's going to have to be done a step
at a time.  there are, amazingly, people who are blatantly ignorant
and simply do not care about privacy.  and, fortunately for them, they
are also not worth attacking or even having their privacy violated in
any direct way, but more for just plain-old commercial and marketing
purposes.  this situation we will simply put on the back-burner and
will financially exploit, solving first the copyright violations
problem.

 once the copyright violations problem is solved, and we have the
finances to get to grips with the privacy violations problem, we will
do so.  but it has to be done in such a way that is also financially
viable.  i.e. if the corporations can't still get their marketing
information which makes it attractive for them to support such an
initiative, it's unlikely to succeed.

 so it is a tough call.