[Arm-netbook] A new MK802 failing to boot from SD

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.ru
Wed Jul 25 23:10:46 BST 2012

Hello,

I've got a new MK802 here, it's an 1GB model, ordered from TomTop.

It works fine in the Android from its internal flash. But so far I haven't
been able to make it boot anything from an SD card. Not even the pre-made
images from Miniand and Rikomagic, which are supposed to work on all MK802s.
I do not have a serial console at the moment, so can't tell what's happening
there.

I have managed to fetch and decode script.bin from nanda, see it attached.
Tried copying/renaming the .bin to my SD images, but that doesn't help. My
guess is this device might have a new type of voltage controller (which seemed
to cause issues in [1]), or new RAM configuration or something else is
different, that makes the existing images and kernels non-functional.

The SD slot is verified working, inserted SD cards is mountable and usable in
Android. BTW cat /proc/cpuinfo in Android shows 906 BogoMIPS, is that normal?

Maybe someone has ideas what else could I try? Before, I guess, trying to
connect the serial console, that is. My next idea at the moment is to try
copying the complete kernel from the installed Android, and trying to boot it
from SD.

[1] https://github.com/amery/linux-allwinner/issues/46

--
With respect,