[Arm-netbook] Mele A1000 ethernet

Jorgen Lundman lundman at lundman.net
Mon Jul 23 14:51:56 BST 2012

 From my inspection of the two drivers, and I initially tried to take
dm9000 to make it work with A10. However, even though the two files are
very similar, the sun4i wemac only does 32bit access. If the dm9000 sources
are used (in particular ior/w) it will generally just panic, or return
nonsense.

So the register offsets are not quite at the same offsets, and some bits
are not the same. Without the details it would hard to guess. Most is very
similar though.

Personally, by removing the CPU waits, it can stream 1080p video for me,
including high-bitrate media, so I find it sufficient to my needs.

It is always good to squeeze more out of hardware of course, but I am now
more interested in bit-streaming audio. For me, just 2 channels is not
enough :)

Lund

Alejandro Mery wrote:
> On 23 July 2012 11:20, Valery Yundin <yu.valery+arm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Does anyone know if there is any chance we will see some day the
>> documentation on WEMAC NIC (it is part of A10 chip, right?).
>> The open source driver can do about half of what a decent Linux
>> network driver should do.
>
> it is part of the A10 chip, but it seems to be a dm9000.

Jorgen Lundman       | <lundman at lundman.net>
Unix Administrator   | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1017 (work)
Shibuya-ku, Tokyo    | +81 (0)90-5578-8500          (cell)
Japan                | +81 (0)3 -3375-1767          (home)