[Arm-netbook] Fwd: Re: XBMC Support

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 19:44:49 BST 2012

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Alexey Eromenko <al4321 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Great news !
>
> I'm no XBMC expert, but what kind of support is needed ?
> I heard that XBMC was ported from Linux to Android, which means that
> drivers problems solved automatically. Correct ?

 f*** no!  and who the hell wants, on a professional-looking TV-only
product, a boot-up which presents you with android?  too much crap in
the way for a TV product.  sure there are going to be companies that
want (and are) doing android TVs, but that's different.

 plus: even if XBMC is quotes ported quotes to run under the excuse
called android, that doesn't guarantee that all the applications will
use accelerated video libraries, does it?  just like with flash being
compiled for specific ARM hardware, you can't just go and download a
"general purpose" port of XMBC and have a hope in hell of it working -
not unless someone's being a bit cleverer than i anticipate, anyway.

 so this is porting XMBC to run optimised under a gnu/linux OS (not
the android OS).  it's a little different.