[Arm-netbook] Sleep (stand by) power consumption of A10/A13 device?

cnxsoft cnxsoft at cnx-software.com
Fri Jul 13 08:40:00 BST 2012

In http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/:

|  u-boot idle, 0.23A at 5V = 1.15W
  Android idle. 0.34A at 5V = 1.7W
  Android busy navigating some web page: 0.55A at 5V = 2.75W
  Android 2.3.3 + youtube + video 720p = ~4.6W
  Android 2.3.3 + SATA HDD + video 1280p = ~7.3W
  Ubuntu 12.04 (headless) + SATA HDD + deluge (torrent client) +|minidlna (dlna server) = ~5.0W-6.5W (sometimes max 7.8W)

In the car is powered off, you ought to power off your A10/A13 device as
well or it could drain the batteries if the car is parked for some time.
I've read they have to do that for automotive infotainment system, so
they have to optimize the boot time.