[Arm-netbook] Removing wifi

freebirds at hushmail.com freebirds at hushmail.com
Tue Jul 3 19:34:14 BST 2012

Alejandro Mery wrote: "In A10-based boards It's usually a separated
rtl8188cu module like you can see in the lower-left corner of
http://i.imgur.com/1xd2j.jpg"

Thank you for the schematic but I cannot recognize the wifi module in
the lower left corner. In the middle left is a black rectangle that
has "Realtek" printed on it. Is this the module?

I asked my computer geek if he would be willing to desolder the wifi
from Sunlike AllWinner A10 1 GB netbook. He replied he could destroy
the motherboard and didn't want to risk it.

To answer the question what I budget is, I estimate $700 including
shipping. Previously, I paid more for laptops but they are fragile. I
have had two cracked screens, one broken DVD player, one broken power
adapter plug and two broken keyboards. Main problem has been theft.

Thanks for recommending the EOMA-68 CPU Card. I looked at Rhombus
Tech's website. EOMA-68 will have wifi. Only AllWinner that will not
have wifi is the Olimex A13. Wifi will be optional. Olimex A13 will
only have 512 MB. It may be a long wait for an Olimex A13.