[Arm-netbook] x11 for a10 cpu

cnxsoft cnxsoft at cnx-software.com
Tue Jul 3 08:33:58 BST 2012

On 03/07/2012 13:24, Nicolas Aguirre wrote:
> 2012/7/3 cnxsoft<cnxsoft at cnx-software.com>:

>>> Using the libraries provided by tom i can get X11 running but am not sure if it
>>> is accelerated?
>>>
>>> glxgears: 68fps
>>> cpufreq-info: normally 60mhz, jumps to 1.01Ghz while running glxgears
>>>
>>> glxinfo | grep rendering: direct rendering yes
>>>
>>> what tests can I do to test for 3d or 2d accleration?
>>>
>>> ed
>>>
>> I suppose you could try it with glmark2-es2
>> apt-get install glmark2-es2
>> It does not work for me as it's using Mesa software rendering. glxinfo
>> also shows "direct rendering: Yes" for me.

> Did you try :
> LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/mali.so glmark2-es2
>
> (mali.so or everything containing your GL ES binary)
>
> I did no try on the mele yet, but with the Cubox i do :
> LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libGLESv2.so:/usr/lib/libXrender.so.1:/usr/lib/libEGL.so
> DISPLAY=:0 /opt/e17/bin/expedite -e gl -a -p 720p
>
> The probleme is that without LD_PRELOAD, libs are the one provides by
> Mesa, so you get a Direct Rendering : Yes, but it's a sofware
> fallback, and it's slow.
> You can check which .so are loaded at runtime by using ldd, to check.
I just got mesa out of the way by renaming
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/mesa-egl to something else.
So now it's using the armhf libs provided by Tom/AllWinner (checked with
ldd), but it fails to open the UMP driver:

./es2_info
UMP: ump_arch_open() failed to open UMP device driver
ERROR: In file: src/base/common/mem/base_common_mem.c  function:
initialize_memory_system()   line:1521
Could not open UMP memory system. Shutdown.

Error: eglInitialize() failed

I got mesa-demos source code (apt-get source mesa-utils-extra) and I
could not find base_common_mem.c anywhere, and objdump indicates
initialize_memory_system is a locale function inside libMali.so.