[Arm-netbook] x11 for a10 cpu

Nicolas Aguirre aguirre.nicolas at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 07:24:07 BST 2012

2012/7/3 cnxsoft <cnxsoft at cnx-software.com>:
> On 22/06/2012 04:00, Edward Nielsen wrote:
>> lkcl luke<luke.leighton<at>  gmail.com>  writes:
>>
>>> this is mostly to tom (allo tom)
>>>
>>> i moved the x11 page you're working on and keeping notes on down into
>>> the allwinner_a10 directory because it doesn't actually specifically
>>> have anything to do with the mele a1000.  so, it's now here:
>>> http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/Compile_X11_driver_for_A10/
>>>
>>> also i linked it on this page because, obviously, it's part of the
>>> source code resources for all A10 devices:
>>> http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/source_code/
>>>
>>> /peace
>>>
>>> l.
>>>

>> Using the libraries provided by tom i can get X11 running but am not sure if it
>> is accelerated?
>>
>> glxgears: 68fps
>> cpufreq-info: normally 60mhz, jumps to 1.01Ghz while running glxgears
>>
>> glxinfo | grep rendering: direct rendering yes
>>
>> what tests can I do to test for 3d or 2d accleration?
>>
>> ed
>>
> I suppose you could try it with glmark2-es2
> apt-get install glmark2-es2
> It does not work for me as it's using Mesa software rendering. glxinfo
> also shows "direct rendering: Yes" for me.

Did you try :
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/mali.so glmark2-es2

(mali.so or everything containing your GL ES binary)

I did no try on the mele yet, but with the Cubox i do :
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libGLESv2.so:/usr/lib/libXrender.so.1:/usr/lib/libEGL.so
DISPLAY=:0 /opt/e17/bin/expedite -e gl -a -p 720p

The probleme is that without LD_PRELOAD, libs are the one provides by
Mesa, so you get a Direct Rendering : Yes, but it's a sofware
fallback, and it's slow.
You can check which .so are loaded at runtime by using ldd, to check.

Regard,
--
Nicolas Aguirre
Mail: aguirre.nicolas at gmail.com