[Arm-netbook] Tutorial: kernel + android + livesuite image creation for A10 tablets

Alejandro Martínez zen at itram.es
Sun Feb 12 10:09:21 GMT 2012

Does your tablet have any ICS firmware out? If so, you could try using
the kernel and modules from that firmware.. (I know, the point is to
have everything compiled from source, but at least it might work this
way).

That's how I got other devices ICS firmwares running on the Novo7:
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/28788-dev%C2%A0n7a-transformation-script/

Oh, I'm also working on trying to run Ubuntu on the tablet, basing on
the Gingerbread firmware (as the full sources are out there for it).

I've managed to boot on a Ubuntu Core rootfs (*cough* invading the
Android /data partition) and access the device through the serial
console (by changing script.bin to redirect the console though the SD
pins and using a SD breakout board), but it freezes after inserting
the mali/display/lcd modules (modprobe also makes it freeze). WiFi
works, although the driver is quite crude and requires an insmod
parameter with the path to the firmware location. Will keep
investigating...

¿Is it possible to make an image with an additional partition with the
tools you use on the tutorial? Having a blank ext3/ext4 for Ubuntu so
I don't need to touch /data would be nice.

Congratulations for your work :D