[Arm-netbook] Tutorial: kernel + android + livesuite image creation for A10 tablets

"Sztupák Sz. Zsolt" mail at sztupy.hu
Sun Feb 12 08:31:21 GMT 2012

>  Also, afaik you CAN use 2.6.36 with android 4.0.x
>
>  Cheers,
>  Alejandro Mery

Just managed to create an ICS build that boots with the old kernel. Nothing hardware
related work, not even the touchscreen, but at least it boots. I could control and
test some features with an external USB mouse.

Added an ics branch to my github stuff, AOSP ICS should compile with them using the same steps
in the tutorial, but checking out the ics versions instead of the gingerbread ones. My github
device tree contains none of the hardware libs yet. I will try to port them to ICS sooner or later.
I do hope that I can find mali drivers that work both with the old kernel and the new android
though. Without hardware rendering ICS is very laggy and not really usable unfortunately.

  SztupY