[Arm-netbook] a10 eoma-68 rev0 sample arrived from wits-tech

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 18:31:56 GMT 2012

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 6:22 PM, Scott Sullivan <scott at ss.org> wrote:
> On 12/14/2012 01:16 PM, Alejandro Mery wrote:
>> On 14 December 2012 18:39, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/news/
>>>
>>> now i have to do some soldering :)
>>
>> finally! ... btw, they really screwed up the form factor :<
>>

> Actually, it looks rather close to spec.

 without the DIL-44 it's *just* doable.  the RTL8201CP is on the
underside already, and there's room for a 2nd NAND Flash.  if we go to
only 1 NAND Flash and put it on the underside i think that might do
the trick.

> You'll note the score line near
> the bottom, that extra chunk of board is likely meant for manipulation
> while in the assembly line and would be cut off before casing. On a
> functionality validation sample it matters less.

 yes we figured the same thing for the engineering board, have the
44-pin and FPC-45 on the edge, so that they can be cut off for when it
goes into a case.

> Luke,
>
> I can't recall, will the A10 Card have user facing audio? I think you
> said no, but the absence of the connector and your soldering comment has
> me unsure.

 it was planned to have it, but when i checked in the litkconn case,
it's technically possible to get them into 45mm but there are tabs in
the way so we have to put USB-OTG left, micro-sd middle, HDMI right
and have gaps in between that the metal tabs can lock into.