[Arm-netbook] Action ATM7013 CPU

Alexey Eromenko al4321 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 08:52:45 GMT 2012

> anyone heard of this?  i'm receiving offers of 7in tablets @ $46 with
> capacitive touchsceens and 800x480 LCDs.  staggering.

>Allwinner A13 tablets with the same kind of screen are from $55 shipped

Well, that is a +20% price difference ! This is quite big indeed.
For western customers, we could put a tablet in every room, including
the toilet now, to read e-books :)
For Chinese, they could afford it cheaply, even in villages. (assuming
it is reliable and comes with warranty)

Reliability of the Chinese hardware is questionable: (a bit off topic)
In my own user experience was highly negative, after a friend bought 2
no-name Chinese Android Tablets and both became broken after 2 months
use and I bought 3 Chinese Android smartphones, and 2 of them also
became broken after 1 month. And, sadly, we bought it non-officially,
from deal extreme and aliexpress so no warranty for us :(
All local shops here in Israel are required by law to provide at least
12-months warranty for all electronics.
In stark contrast, there are no reliability problems with branded
hardware. So if one device survives our of 5 Chinese devices, I dunno
how effective their (Chinese) business model is. History teaches us,
that no matter how many devices you sell, if your customers are
unhappy, your company will not survive. My conclusion: Without (at
least) a 12-month warranty (in your local country): no buy !

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"