[Arm-netbook] arm-netbook Digest, Vol 26, Issue 35

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Mon Aug 27 19:59:31 BST 2012

On 08/27/12 13:28, lkcl luke wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 8:21 AM, Simon Kenyon<simon at koala.ie>  wrote:
>
>>> Try again to describe the problem:
>>> I did not find the Component EOMA-68 in the form factor "pcmcia card" to
>>> be placed on PCB.
>>>
>>> Please send me in the right direction.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ershov
>>

>> here is my spin on the situation. luke will probably correct me.
>
>   no - i need help here :)
>
>   my understanding (sorry to discuss you in 3rd person ershov!) is that
> ershov is looking for the PCMCIA header component, to place on the
> PCB.  as that component is decided on a per-component basis, you have
> to actually *pick* the actual component to be used, then find its
> datasheet, and then *make* the computerised representation (in this
> case using kicad's module editor) before it can be placed onto the
> CAD/CAM layout.
>
>   that hasn't been done, so ershov is of course asking "where is it?"
> and it doesn't exist, so he's going to have to make it.  but, first he
> has to understand that it is correct that it doesn't exist, and we
> have to understand if that is in fact the question that he is asking.

if he is designing it, does he not get to choose. this is for a low
volume device (the motherboard) and as long as he chooses one that is
generally available there should be no issue. if he was doing the
eoma-68 card then low cost would be a major consideration in addition to
general availability.

or have i still got the wrong end of the stick?