[Arm-netbook] arm-netbook Digest, Vol 26, Issue 35

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 13:28:50 BST 2012

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 8:21 AM, Simon Kenyon <simon at koala.ie> wrote:

>> Try again to describe the problem:
>> I did not find the Component EOMA-68 in the form factor "pcmcia card" to
>> be placed on PCB.
>>
>> Please send me in the right direction.
>>
>> --
>> Ershov
>

> here is my spin on the situation. luke will probably correct me.

 no - i need help here :)

 my understanding (sorry to discuss you in 3rd person ershov!) is that
ershov is looking for the PCMCIA header component, to place on the
PCB.  as that component is decided on a per-component basis, you have
to actually *pick* the actual component to be used, then find its
datasheet, and then *make* the computerised representation (in this
case using kicad's module editor) before it can be placed onto the
CAD/CAM layout.

 that hasn't been done, so ershov is of course asking "where is it?"
and it doesn't exist, so he's going to have to make it.  but, first he
has to understand that it is correct that it doesn't exist, and we
have to understand if that is in fact the question that he is asking.