[Arm-netbook] Mediatek MT6575 SoC - how good is it ?

Tom Cubie mr.hipboi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 10:47:18 BST 2012

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 4:22 PM, Alexey Eromenko <al4321 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have recently learned, that many high-end Chinese Android
> smartphones are based on Mediatek MT6575 SoC, but after looking into
> community's database I have found zero info about them.
>
> And community's evaluated CPU database:
> http://rhombus-tech.net/evaluated_cpus/
>
> So...
> 1. What is the bulk-price of those MT6575 SoCs, and what are the main
> parameters ?

Currently i am using a 6575 phone, I9200, a galaxy note clone, it has
3200mHA battery, so i need to charge 4 or 5 days once, but usually i
don't play much with it, just normal daily usage. It works with dual
sim card, one wcdma and one gsm The pvr531 inside the soc's
performance is better than mali400, from my using experience, though
the ppt from arm shows that the pvr531 is worse than mali400. The 6575
single chip contains bandbase, bluetooth, wifi, gps and fm, very high
integration.

It's brother 6577, is a dual cortex-a9, and pin-to-pin compatible chip
with 6575.

> 2. Could AllWinner A10 work in smart-phones ?
Yes, but not A10, but sun5i, i am not sure if it's already on market.
If not, it will be soon.

> New SoC, MT6575:
> http://www.unwiredview.com/2012/02/14/mediatek-launches-entry-level-smartphone-platform-meet-the-mt6575/
>
> Chinese High-end phone, based on MT6575: The Zopo 300:
> http://www.zopomobileshop.com/en/26-zopo-zp300-field-mtk-smartphone-dualsim-where-to-buy.html
>
> --
> -Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"

Keep simple, stay foolish.