[Arm-netbook] PCIe Graphic Chip

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 02:12:53 GMT 2011

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 12:36 AM, Michelle Konzack
<linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net> wrote:
> Hello Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton,

 hii michelle :)

> Am 2011-11-05 12:34:52, hacktest Du folgendes herunter:
>>  oo.  can i please ask you a big big favour?  could you make it in
>> PCMCIA form-factor, but have expansion headers for everything that you
>> need, even if they are 15mm high?
>
> Hmmm, I have the original specification for Mini-PCIe.
>
> You mean, I should put all 3 PCIe 1x onto 3  Mini-PCIe  Slots  and  wide
> enough seperated to put in the bigger PC-Cards?  Would be possibel.

 ah i meant put them onto really small expansion header, which could
run them off to a motherboard, then that has standard PCIe.

 _but_, if people do not want that, just want a small powerful
low-power server, they can have that as well.

> Oh, die current µC is NOT a real one...  it is a FPGA!
>
>> > I like to know, which PCIe Graphic-Processor (with 24bit RGB  Interface)
>> > you would use for it.
>>
>>  michelle - the really really weird thing is: there aren't any 3D, and
>> there was only one low-power PCIe 2D one, called the volari Z11.
>> that's _literally_ all i've been able to find, in 2 years.
>
> The only PCIe GPUs I know, are consuming more then the µC + 2 GB DDR2+ 3
> miniSDHC + SATA HDD + DVD-rom together...

 precisely!

> It is time to build (requires some crazy guys) our own GPU even based on
> a FPGA!

 yes, best to wait for the Zynq 7030 for that.

>>  probably licensing... _possibly_ power.  USB3 is much higher power
>> requirements.
>
> Right, but WHO build a TabletPC with a Dual-Core of 2,5 GHz?

 :)

> This are µC fpr PanelPCs, Routers or Server

 sounds great!