[Arm-netbook] uh-oh....

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 06:25:08 GMT 2011

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 1:36 AM, Michelle Konzack
<linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net> wrote:

>> Won't the GPU suck up an unreasonable amount of power? What are you
>> planning to use?
>
> YES!  The smallest PCIe GPU I have found is consumimng at least 12 Watt.
> And you know, upwards is nearly no limit!

 if you've actually got a proper PCI-e slot, there is an SiS one which
(only!) uses 6 to 8 watts.  i forget the name.  you can get it as an
off-the-shelf Graphics Card.  i'll try to find it.

 alternatively there is the Volari Z11, it is only 2D, but it is also
only about 1-2 watts.  it is used in the OpenRD Ultimate.