[Arm-netbook] Planned boot process?

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Fri Dec 23 16:36:04 GMT 2011

On 12/23/2011 09:18 AM, Vladimir Pantelic wrote:

>>>     that's what's available.  it is nothing like as comprehensive as TI's
>>>   documentation or Samsung's documentation.  really - the linux kernel
>>>   source code and u-boot source code are actually more complete,
>>>   relevant and authoritative.  this is pretty normal, and we should
>>>   assist allwinner to improve it *without* taking up their valuable time
>>>   doing so.
>> You mean reverse-engineer the documentation from the source code?
> if that was doable, allwinner could provide the docs in the first place,
> no?

I think the point here is "*without* taking up their valuable time".

The A10 is not a big budget waste of resources fill out your TPS Reports
project. Lots of hardware designs have sections with hand written notes
and drawings made by the engineers to use as reference when the silicon
comes back and firmware gets written. Lets see the init source and how
well it's commented. If they are truly working with us we can ask for
more comments or clarifications. How many lines of init are there anyway?

-Bari