[Arm-netbook] Wifi

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 15:44:37 GMT 2011

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 3:03 PM, jonsmirl at gmail.com <jonsmirl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Connectors are expensive. It is best to eliminate them where possible.
> For example I doubt if anyone other than a hobbyist will use your RGB
> LCD connection because of the need to make another PCB with two
> connectors on it.

 ok, you may have misunderstood the intent here: the *initial* market
includes "hobbyists", however the goal has always been to then move on
to mass-volume production.

 however, we've flatly refused to "seek investment" because any
investors will want share of profits, dividends etc. end-result will
be that they would demand termination of the CIC initiative.

 hence the bootstrap approach, which has the advantage that the NREs are lower.

 so, yes, great, connectors are expensive... if bought in EU or USA
low-volume quantities, but the decision-making isn't based on pricing
levels for low-volume EU or USA sales, it's based on mass-volume
pricing in S.E. Asia.