[Arm-netbook] compiling wireless drivers

Oliver Kiddle okiddle at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 30 23:24:39 BST 2010

I thought I'd have a go at compiling the wireless drivers. From the ralink
website, I am fairly sure that the driver labelled RT3070USB(RT307x) is
the one used by mid-fun. To build it, I need configured kernel sources -
it needs files like include/linux/autoconf.h and Module.symvers. Taking
origin/ct-pc89e/2.6.24/from-smartq and a .config file copied from /boot
on the installation and then typing `make oldconfig', it is doing:
scripts/kconfig/conf -o arch/mips/Kconfig
Why MIPS? Am I doing something wrong somewhere?

Is it easy to create a -headers package alongside the main kernel image?

Oliver