[Arm-netbook] Booting from SD card with switch on so-dimm in other direction ...

Joakim Seeberg kontakt at seebergit.dk
Thu Mar 25 22:29:56 GMT 2010

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton skrev:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Adam Gill <madallig at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> OK thanks ..... I'm onto them now  ..... there a few electronic shows coming
>> up in April which I'll be attending  ...... there's a good chance to find
>> similar or better than CT-PC89e
>>
>> And also if i can complete schematics/gerber file/bom for the so-dimm
>> including all the new features - it won't be too expensive to get a few
>> proto-types made up at a pcb factory ...
>>
>> If we can do that --- making the rest of complete netbook will be easy ...
>>

>  i've just sent a message to rms and eben moglen, asking them if
> they'd like to help in some way to reach people interested in
> benefitting from an "openpandora-esque" arm netbook project.  the
> success of the openpandora is not so much the device itself but that a
> good couple of thousand people were willing to pre-order it and wait
> for what has now been two years whilst they fiddled about and designed
> it.  i'd like to short-cut that to only a few months, by using as much
> pre-designed stuff as possible, with a view to entirely releasing the
> design files under GPL licenses.

Hi I've been following this list for a few days and I really like your
idea and would like to help getting pre-orders.
To make it possible I think the netbook should at least be as powerful
as the atom netbooks around today and have a 10" screen.
How is the performance of the netbook your working on now with lxde or
similar?

- Joakim