[Arm-netbook] Booting from SD card with switch on so-dimm in other direction ...

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton luke.leighton at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 23 11:11:40 GMT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 11:03 AM, Adam Gill <madallig at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's really great!!
>
> I coul'nt wait  ...so i have dismantled my netbook .... but have no switch
> :-(  on so- dimm ...
>
> Need shorting weiring diagram to solder on wires ...

 bottom right, where marked SW100.  the two tracks that are vertical,
one to the left of the word "R46", one to the right.  solder a wire
between those two.  if you make it two wires, and you don't mind bits
of sellotape, you could twist the ends together, cover them in
sellotape so that there's flat-out zero chance of shorting anywhere on
the main PCB, make damn sure that there's no strands which could poke
through.  or, heck, just solder them.  then you can disconnect at
will.

 how the heck they managed to get the NAND programmed without that i
really don't know.  probably manually shorted them out, putting it in
a special developer-kit SO-DIMM holder or something.  *shrug*.