[Arm-netbook] root hacked - exploit

Alejandro Mery amery at geeks.cl
Fri Feb 19 12:19:30 GMT 2010

On 19/02/10 10:07, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
> I had it add an additional line to /etc/passwd for a new user
> that wasn't called root but had a uid/gid of zero.

Hi,
in this line I wrote an script to make it simpler for the rest of
the people. It's attached.

The script creates a superuser named "toor" without password. Using
ssh you run it with `/bin/sh exploit-midfun-0.sh`. Without ssh,
download it to "MyDocuments", open the file manager there and change
the properties of the file to executable, then double click it.

reboot.. and welcome 'toor'.

btw, my `john -incremental:All -format:DES` is still running.
1:19:34:23 - Switching to length 7
1:19:34:23 - Expanding tables for length 7 to character count 35
1:19:34:23 - Trying length 7, fixed @1, character count 35

Alejandro