[Arm-netbook] What's new at the end of 2023?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Nov 29 09:10:57 GMT 2023

On Wednesday, November 29, 2023, Richard Wilbur <richard.wilbur at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 21, 2023 at 12:53 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Tuesday, November 21, 2023, Richard Wilbur <richard.wilbur at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > I would need some hand holding with the application process.
>>
>> i have *10* applications online now, you can see how obvious
>> they are.  the tasks (milestones) come later. first thing
>> is "notes on why you want to do this", and seriously if
>> you take longer than 30 minutes something is wrong.
>
> Where are those 10 applications?  I am interested in taking a look at
them.

https://libre-soc.org/nlnet_proposals/

feel free to use them as templates, i suggest putting in under
https://nlnet.nl/propose quickly and use NGI "Core" https://nlnet.nl/core/

remember if you are typing longer than 40 minutes to put in the
application something is wrong. they want *brief* summaries
covering "why" and "what roughly planned".

*later* (4-5 weeks time) they want details, at stage 2 of the
review process.  i can walk you through it, keep in touch ok?
stage 2 you have *48 hours* to respond so have to be ready
with top-level milestones *in advance*... but not now.

also because i am indirectly involved you might be able
to request between EUR 50-100k but don't count on it, i
am hitting EU-mandated limits (after 5 years. took a while)

---