[Arm-netbook] next step is a boot image

Andreas Grapentin andreas at grapentin.org
Thu Jan 19 09:44:09 GMT 2023

> On 19. Jan 2023, at 10:06, Andreas Grapentin <andreas at grapentin.org> wrote:
>
> I started looking at the micro desktop board with my multimeter and did some checks, but it’s difficult without reference to a known good board. But what is maybe noteworthy is that of the three larger capacitors on the board just behind the power socket, both sides of all of them are connected to ground. I assume that part of the board is responsible for the power control? If so, then the small chip in the middle might be blown. Again, hard to verify without a known good board.

I found the schematics for the micro desktop, and was able to take a closer look. I tested around the RT8288A, and noticed that pins 1, 2, 3 and 8 have basically zero resistance to ground. That’s not good.

I’ll get a hot-air solder station and a microscope, and get that chip off the board, then do some more tests to see if the other components around that area are okay. It could also be that one of the capacitors nearby is blown.

I’ll try to get this micro desktop back to working order, because I have the suspicion that the power issues of the micro desktop are causing the boot loops, and I don’t want to break anything else :)

-A