[Arm-netbook] Fwd: Where are the 93 Computer Cards ?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Jan 17 15:24:50 GMT 2023

On Tuesday, January 17, 2023, Pablo Rath <pablo at parobalth.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 17, 2022 at 05:25:08PM +0000, lkcl wrote:
>> next step is a boot image to be able to help test the Cards.
>>
> What are the specific technical requirements for this boot image?

"A" linux-based OS for armhf.  that's it.  that's literally
the only requirement.

a debian debootstrapped chroot would suffice.  as would
literally anything else.

this is why, andreas, it not only doesn't matter that the
OS "quotes hasn't been updated quotes" because you could
perform the exact same update using qemu-armhf, even as
userspace guest from an x86 host.

it's also why the question "where is the OS so that we can
customise it and help out" is also irrelevant. and why i am
not going to provide a 4GB download.

(it's the boot *loader* that has to be custom-tailored,
it's the boot *loader* where help is needed).

---