[Arm-netbook] next step is a boot image

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Jan 13 10:28:30 GMT 2023

On Friday, January 13, 2023, Philip Hands <phil at hands.com> wrote:
> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> writes:
>
>> On Thursday, January 12, 2023, Andreas Grapentin <andreas at grapentin.org>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm curious -- does the old parabola image no longer work??
>>
>> from 2016? unfortunately the MicroSD card with the only
>> copy destroyed itself.
>>
>> i do have a debian/9 image left but it is not in a state
>> to be used for micro-desktop testing.
>
> This seems to have useful tips:
>
>   https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Allwinner

yyeah except EOMA68 critically relies (under the Certiication
Mark) for having "devicetree overlays", which the debian kernel
developers have refused to enable (even despite repeated
requests from raspberry pi "shield" users, and also the
fact that 96boards systems require dtb overlays)

EOMA68 is the third system i know that needs overlays
but in this case (a first) *requires* them.

> I guess we ought to have a page on https://rhombus-tech.net/ for tips on
> how to get things installed,

found it.

https://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner/a20/EOMA68-A20_2-7-4_preproduction/

more later have to run ty for instlling xapian really appreciated

---