[Arm-netbook] Top Priority Software Tasks

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Nov 28 11:53:01 GMT 2017

---

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 1:11 AM, Adam Van Ymeren <adam at vany.ca> wrote:
> Hey Luke,
>
> As I eagerly await the preproduction board, I figure it would be a good idea to touch base on what needs doing on the software side.

 hmmm well having someone confirm that the OSes run would be good (wih
systemd removed as an absolute top priority, sole exception being
fedora).

 next up would be working on a distribution mechanism for the images.
my feeling is, setting up a bittorent network, a simple (SMALL)
script/image that self-boots then grabs the image and drops it onto
the target sd card.

 or... some instructions on how people can directly download then get
the image onto a microsd card

 reason: the budget's simplly not large enough now ship out a thousand
4GB / 8GB microsd cards with the OS pre-installed on it.  people are
going to have to get their own (or use one they already have).

> I've started looking at http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/source_code/ for inspiration.
>
> But I'd like to know which tasks are a priority for you to deliver the current crowd supply pledges.

 all hardware-related.