[Arm-netbook] HDMI High-Frequency Layout: Recommendations--Taper

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Dec 18 04:05:47 GMT 2017

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 3:55 AM, Richard Wilbur
<richard.wilbur at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 16, 2017 at 10:12 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>> ... yyyyeahhh.... that looks better, doesn't it?
>

> Strong work, Luke!  That does indeed look nice.

 :)

>> i think that's it (oh, except the step needs adjusting to 15mil not
>> 5mil as it is now).  now i have to identify where in the PADS file the
>> rectangle for the keepout area is, add *that* to the parser as well,
>> then do the same maths and create a tethered keepout area.  *sigh*...
>
> I'm sorry I didn't fill in more of the geometric considerations.
> Looks like you have them in hand.

 in drunken-walk programming style .... yyyeah :)

> When the step offset is d, then the 45 degree step travel will be sqrt(2.0) * d.
>
> Looks like you have the starting positions parallel which was the
> intent but I did not specify the mathematics.  I didn't know what
> origin or reference point and direction you would like to use.

 i had the picture you drew memorised in my mind and realised the mistake.

 so... ah.... key question here... is the taper needed or not? :)
should i instead be just setting 15mil clearance all round?  (and put
a GND keepout underneath the ESD)?