[Arm-netbook] HDMI High-Frequency Layout: Recommendations

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Aug 27 20:32:58 BST 2017

---

On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 7:36 PM, Richard Wilbur
<richard.wilbur at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 22, 2017, at 07:13, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 2:43 PM, Richard Wilbur
>> <richard.wilbur at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Is PADS libre software?  I ask because here's an itch.
>
> I looked for myself and found PADS[*] is a product of Mentor Graphics.

 yyep.  absolutely awesome one, too.  i'm recommending it constantly
to people, not just in the libre world but also those who use
proprietary tools as well.  the learning curve is nowhere near as
steep as with other proprietary tools.  ORCAD is completely insane: 20
menus with over 30 options on each.  totally user-hostile.

PADS: everything is context-sensitive, and the menu options show you a
graphical representation (2D cutaway or overhead view) of what you
just selected.  absolutely superb.

> Looks like a nice tool, but I guess I don't have to worry about submitting a patch. ;>)

 love to... but ehhmmm.. no :)