[Arm-netbook] physics analysis needed of belt-driven pulley system

Hrvoje Lasic lasich at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 15:34:39 BST 2017

>  certainly someone pointed out that the speed of the NEMA17s, when you
> go faster, you actually get less torque.  whoops.  and the rated
> maximum seems to be around 1800 mm / sec.  at that point you get
> *significantly* less torque.

so, when you say nema 17 you refer to dimensions of the motor, not torque.
it is some American standard,so nema 17 refer to 43.2 mmx 43.2 mm if you
look at face of motor. But you can have different torques at same size of
the motor. They increase the size of the motor in length. so you will be
still able to alter torque to some extent no matter speed. Keep in mind
that you are flexible here up to certain point. After that, if you need
more torque you go to next bigger size of motor nema 23 or so.

>  so it's not going to be a straightforward "go twice as fast" thing.

for sure not otherwise you would see some speeds as standard. My guess is
that what you have on market is pretty much optimized per cost/performance
but you may well be more efficient for your particular case.

> l.

Hrvoje Lasić
Vulpes d.o.o.
Gračanska 120a