[Arm-netbook] Another blog post about the campaign

Russell Hyer russell.hyer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 22:36:02 BST 2016

Thanks, I had a brief look at the video (but gotta save on bandwidth).
With only a number of days to go before the campaign closes, I hope
the project gets to see the light of day (true, I missed the light of
day working :))

@Paul - hope you're feeling better and have a full recovery. Liked the
write up. (It's funny that people argue the things that don't matter
like easy measurables[1] like MHz and GHz, but miss the important
things. (Of course, this is still a difficult thing to argue with most
folk as they might not be the kinds of people who buy stuff, develop
an unmet need in a particular product (whether a camera, watch or
whatever)).

Russell...
[1] Actually, if I could remember the source of the quote I'd provide
it, but the whole point has a related idea that's embedded in maths
(and therefore made its way into computing): reduce the problem and
solve a simpler problem instead. Like, if someone asks you, how are
you? That's a really difficult question, and sure you could write a
whole manual about how to ask and then answer that question. But you
could instead decide the answer based on whether you had a good coffee
or whether or not it's Monday, etc. (In so doing, you've just
solved/picked a different problem answer). Like the quote: "Dealing
with failure is easy: Work hard to improve. Success is also easy to
handle: You've solved the wrong problem. Work hard to improve." (Alan
Perlis)