[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 adventures in Taiwan

Nick Hardiman nick at internetmachines.co.uk
Sun Aug 7 09:55:16 BST 2016

This is what I understand about the production phase that follows this fundraising phase. Is the manufacturing to be done in Taiwan?

Assuming all goes to plan, Luke will be temporarily relocating to Taiwan. It is a good idea to be onsite in manufacturer facilities to manage risks and challenges - make sure no mistakes are made, avoid fraud, ensure openness and so on.

There was a Bunnie Huang reference recently explaining being onsite, but I couldn’t find it. I did find this quote in Bunnie’s blog.
'this is the advantage of being in China during production — you can fix problems like this within the hour, before they become really serious issues'

It all sounds like exciting International business. I’d like to see a daily blog about EOMA68 adventures in Taiwan. Perhaps a few lines a day, something like the Joey Hess git-annex blog. Then I could pretend I am joining in on the adventure.

How about that? Would that work?

Thanks, Nick

Joey Hess git-annex blog
https://git-annex.branchable.com/devblog/https://git-annex.branchable.com/devblog/

Bunnie’s blog quote, On MicroSD Problems
https://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?p=918