[Arm-netbook] stm32f072 usb firmware

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Oct 10 17:54:39 BST 2015

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 5:09 PM, Peter Bouda <pbouda at cidles.eu> wrote:

> hi,
>
> my new nucleo board arrived this week (yeah!) and I will now setup my dev
> environment

 you don't need that patch btw.  and apparently there's now usb
support in the main branch for stm32f072

> and see if I can get the code running. Is there any specific
> thing I could test?

 the main thing is to get the miniblink example up and running, first.
i use dfu-util with the following in the Makefile:

BINARY = usbhid

dfu:
        dfu-util -v -S FFFFFFFEFFFF -a 0 --dfuse-address 0x08000000 -R
-D ./$(BINARY).bin

keep the little piece of card, you need it!  it has the pin-out
assignments.  so forget powering by the micro-usb, do this:

 * flip the jumper from E5V to U5V
 * cut off a random USB cable and strip down the black, red, white and green
 * solder 5V (Red) to pin 6 of CN7
 * solder GND (black) to pin 8 of CN7
 * solder USB+ (green) to pin 12 (PA12) of CN10
 * solder USB- (white) to pin 14 (PA11) of CN10

then, plug it into a USB port of the development machine.  then, use a
screwdriver to short BOOT0 (pin 7 of CN7) to E5V (pin 6 of CN7), and
at the same time press and then release the reset button (B2).

 if you then do "lsusb" you should see a device come up "DFU mode" in
the description.  ta-daa, you can now upload a .bin file to it.  you
do that with any of the libopencm3-examples, you must do "make bin".

 you don't need to modify any of kuldeep's examples, he's made a
suitable stm32f072-discovery.ld file, so you might prefer initially to
use kuldeep's branch.