[Arm-netbook] Cool Recycled Laptop Bag for EOMA-68 Laptop?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Nov 23 20:42:46 GMT 2015

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 8:08 PM, Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross
<maillist_arm-netbook at aross.me> wrote:
> http://www.protecttheplanet.co.uk/terracycle/denim-messenger-bag.html
>
> i look the look of it. made from scrap denim. I’d say looks the part for
> a laptop bag to sell/go with a eoma-* laptop.

 i like it!  thanks for the tip.

> I wonder how the sew the scraps together? machine or cheap/slave labour?

 yehh don't be fooled by the people who "pass judgement" on
large-scale factories just because they get paid less and work more
hours than we do: their cost of living is 1/10th to 1/100th of ours.
remember, it was only recently in holland that a wealthy textile
merchant purchased weaving machines and offered people jobs at 12
hours a day for 6 days a week.  he had enormous queues outside his
factories.  why?  because people in holland at the time were
*hand-sewing* clothes, working *16* hours a day for *7* days a week,
earning *less* money.  and that was only 100 to 150 years ago.  in a
european country.