[Arm-netbook] EOMA - Open Specification?

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Wed Jun 4 08:46:12 BST 2014

> To my knowledge, they are making these decisions without what I would consider
> sufficient legal council (self-filing patents, not having a lawyer specializing
> in IP on retainer, etc.) That ought to be a warning flag for those wanting to
> participate with EOMA68.

Rest easy. Pressures being what they are from the subversive
Bill Goatse's of this world, have to plan.
Greased the pole from two directions with fully GPL'd
sub projects already! :)

http://www.gplsquared.com/SoM2/SoM2.html  alternative in full KiCAD
should failure became an option for whatever reason. Anyone can run with
alternative should they see fit.

http://www.gplsquared.com/eoma_boot/eoma_boot.html  the Linux images are
interchangeable with cubieboard2 so developers can continue
even if EOMAs are not physically available to hand.

The final jigsaw is a fully GPL'd openscad based case designs for
tablet, netbooks, panel computer, and match box sized gadget.
Got me four 3D printers to address that soon enough.

(Robust fully GPL'd applications have also been pencilled in
though those require a lot more free time to get things going
at this moment in time.)

Also forget to mention to this list -
worked out a case design to fully 3D stack
and network and wire up 1000 EOMAs within about 1 cubic meter.
Total power consumption 5kW, 1 Petabyte SSD storage, Cost half million
dollars. Somebody like google, facebook, amazon would hardly
blink as they salivate to queue up to buy them - one hopes :)