[Arm-netbook] eoma68-a20 ethernet testing

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 23:16:07 BST 2013

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 10:28 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 7:46 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 12:05 PM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 3:38 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk>
>>> wrote:
>>> Send

>>> ... let me think.... i'm going to say yes! :)  what the heck: yes.
>>> model number LD070WS2(SL)(01
>>

>> Sorry Luke, but where do the LVDS signals come from to drive this LCD?
>
>  from the RGB-ttl-to-LVDS converter IC you previously mentioned.  in
> the case of the flying squirrel it's using a TI SN75LVDS83b
>
>> Can A20 LVDS signals be routed to the LCD or GPIO pins through software?
>
>  yes but if you do so it's non-EOMA68-compliant.  so please try not to
> encourage people too much.
>
>> Does that not mean some kind of MEB variant with FPC connector
>> needs to be rushed to be made to accommodate?
>
>  ok because of the significant variations in LCDs and their backlight
> drivers i'd recommend a daughterboard approach
>
> --
> best get on with it a daughterboard then!
> May be two types - one LVDS, other is RGB patch panel to FCP connector(s).

 that'd be magic.  but, remember, even with that approach, it's still
a bugger.  what i'd suggest is: pick say 3 panels, say... one a
1024x600 7in, one an 800x480, and another say... an 11in 1366x768 or
something random like that, and knock out some circuits specifically
targetted at those 3.

 i know from experience looking at this that the panels are _so_
spectacularly different that you just don't have a hope in hell of
making a "generic driver" board.  even the FPCs pinouts of
near-identical-looking products from the *same* company are different!
 best to just... accept that, pick 2 or possibly 3 panels and say
"these are tested. like it"

 *shrugs* :)

> Anyone got datasheet on KR070PB2S 7" display?
> It appears to be scrubbed from internet surgically clean!
> Reason is this price I guess:
> http://www.bipanda.com/taobao/view/id/17606702073

 yeah there's occasionally some really odd things going on - one thing
to consider is: has the product reached end-of-life, and the prices
are that low because they're being dumped??  another is: was this a
start-up and was there any pressure from the major cartels to get them
to quit?  or, was it a company that compromised on quality and
everyone found out but you?

 try this one instead: TM070RDH01 - not for any reason other than it
appeared on another site i saw as being a "top searched item".  they
could have been lying of course :)

 although the site's not been around very long it's grown *very* fast,
and i'm kinda formulating the rule-of-thumb "if it ain't on
panelook.com don't bother with it *at* all".