[Arm-netbook] Another chip to consider for a future EOMA product

Scott Sullivan scott at ss.org
Thu Oct 3 19:46:58 BST 2013

On 10/03/2013 02:06 PM, Derek wrote:
> In the incredibly bad form of talking to myself...
>
> Links:
> https://communities.intel.com/servlet/JiveServlet/
> previewBody/21822-102-2-25114/Galileo%20Schematic.pdf
> http://www.pcworld.com/article/2052000/
> intel-outfits-opensource-galileo-computer-with-quark-chip-targets-diy-crowd.html

One of their reference platforms will be an Arduino, which you've posted
a link to Intel's page for, below is the Arduino link.
http://arduino.cc/en/ArduinoCertified/IntelGalileo

Unfortunately I've not yet seen mention of graphics on this chip. There
is a PCIe bus, but this will likely relegate it with the other reject
CPUs because there is a difficulty in finding low power discrete GPUs.

http://rhombus-tech.net/evaluated_cpus/

As an aside, would be interesting to see what is alive over at the Open
Graphics Project. Currently their wiki is down for maintenance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Graphics_Project

--
Scott Sullivan