[Arm-netbook] Wook belatedly joins the party

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Fri Nov 22 02:21:34 GMT 2013

+++ Christopher Thomas [2013-11-21 18:04 -0600]:

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Nov 21, 2013, at 5:03 PM, "luke.leighton" <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > oh btw we worked out that the SATA connector is the wrong bloody way
> > round.  this can be sorted by getting .... yet another SATA connector
> > and soldering it on *top* of the existing one - don't remove the
> > existing one it's a pain in the neck to take off.  you've got only a
> > couple of mm variation tolerance in the length of the diff pairs to
>
> His version has the SATA and all other components properly attached. :) no need to modify anything.

Well. I'm sure the tracks are the right way round but I only have pads not a physical connector. This part:
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?id=CN15466&Ntt=CN15466
doesn't fit. (earth holes don't have the right offset). And what does that (REVERSE) mean?
I'm waiting for this: http://cpc.farnell.com/molex/47080-4005/plug-sata-system-r-a-smt/dp/CN15476?Ntt=Cn15476
to see if it's any better.

knowing the right part for the PCB that would be helpful.

Similarly with the 44pin 2mm SMD header.
I'm guessing that
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/pcb-headers/6701125/
or
http://uk.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=98424-G52-44LFvirtualkey64910000virtualkey649-98424-G52-44LF
will do the trick.

Although ~3 quid in both cases seems a little steep. (and 6 or 12 delivery respectively)

Wookey
http://wookware.org/